Spelling Practice Activities
1. Rainbow Words- Write your words and trace over them in 3 different colors.
2. Ransom Words- Cut letters out of newspaper, magazines, or write them out on paper and cut them, then glue them together to build your words.
3. Hidden Words- Write your words and find hidden words in your words. Ex. that – hat – at
4. Look/Say/Cover/Write/Check- You may get the activity sheet from your teacher or you can do it on your own in your notebook.
5. Shaving Cream Words- Write your words out in shaving cream. Parent initials required in spelling notebook.
6. Tracing Words- Trace your words in sand, on felt, in the carpet, using your finger. Parent initials required in your spelling notebook.
7. Word Search- Create a word search on puzzlemaker.com. Find your words.
8. Word Hunt- Search for your words in books/texts or around the house. Write your words as you find them.
9. Font-abulous- Type your words in 3 different fonts on the computer.
10. Chalk Talk- Write your words in chalk. You can do this activity with a dry erase board and marker too. Parent initials required in the spelling notebook.
11. 3 Way Words- Write your words three ways, really big, really small, and in your best handwriting.
12. Word Boxes- Write your words.Then make boxes around each letter. Ex. h a p p y 13. Trace & Spell- Have someone write your words neatly. Trace the words spelling out each letter in the word.
14. Spelling Sentences- Write the word, use it in a sentence, write the word.
15. Pretest- Take a pretest. Check over each of your words. Write any incorrect words 3 times each.
16. ABC Order- Write your words in abc/alphabetical order 3 times.