Nolley will be implementing The Leader in Me program this year. The program is designed to teach children to be future leaders through the use of these seven habits:
- BE PROACTIVE...I am a responsible person. I am in charge. I choose my actions, attitude and moods.
- SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD...I listen to others without interruption. I try to see things from their viewpoint. I am confident in voicing my own ideas.
- THINK WIN-WIN...I balance the courage of getting what I want with consideration of what others want.
- BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND...I plan ahead and set goals. I look for ways to be a good citizen.
- PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST...I spend my time on things that are most important. I set priorities.
- SYNERGIZE...I value other people's strengths and learn from them. I seek out other people's ideas because I know that by learning with others we create better solutions than anyone of us can alone.
- SHARPEN THE SAW...I take care of myself. I spend time with family and friends. I find meaningful ways to help others.