CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT POLICY: MRS. GRANDJEAN
In order to guarantee all students in my classroom the excellent learning climate they deserve, I am utilizing the following classroom management policy:
1. Students must be in their seats, ready to work, when the bell rings or they must bring an acceptable pass with them; otherwise, they will be marked tardy.
2. Students must bring their math book, notebook, paper, homework, and a pencil with an eraser to class each day. Math done in pen will not receive credit. You may borrow 4 times per semester without consequence.
3. No talking or getting out of seats without prior permission will be allowed. Students should raise hand and wait to be called upon. Students should not be standing at the pencil sharpener when the bell rings; please sharpen pencils before arriving to class or before the bell rings.
4. Students are to be attentive, engaged, and taking notes during class. Sitting doing nothing or sleeping is not acceptable during math class as it will not lead to maximum learning.
5. When given time at the end of the period to begin working, students must work on their math assignment first and may only work on other subjects or rest if they are completely finished with the math assignment (ask questions if there is something you don’t understand.)
6. Hall pass will be used for emergencies only, unless a medical problem exists (see me if this pertains to you.) Visiting the restroom, going to a locker, or getting a drink are not considered emergencies. Students may use hall pass 4 times per semester without consequence; after that, a detention will be issued.
7. Rude and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. Students should use a respectful tone at all times when addressing the teacher as well as their fellow classmates. Talking back to the teacher is unacceptable; problems or concerns should be addressed privately after class or after school.
8. All school rules are to be followed in my classroom (see student handbook for school rules)
9. No food or drinks are to be brought into the classroom (water bottles are acceptable.)
10. No tablets or devices of any kind should be brought into the classroom. First offense will be allowed to return device to locker; after that, a detention will be issued if student has a device in the classroom. You may have your chromebook with you but we will not be using them so they should not be out during class.
11. If you tamper with the school-issued calculators, you will be referred to the office for DAC and will not be allowed to use the calculators or computers for the remainder of the year (and school-issued calculators are the only ones permitted to be used on quizzes and tests.)
1. First offense: Warning.
2. Second offense: Detention.
3. Third offense: Detention(s).
4. Fourth offense: Two or more detentions; phone call, letter, or email home; referral to principal.
5. Fifth offense: Two or more detentions; temporary removal; conference with parents and principal.
6. Sixth offense: Permanent removal from class; grade of F for the course will result.