In order to prevent the spread of illness now that the cold and flu season is upon us, we would like to remind everyone of the following:
A student who is seen in the clinic with any of the following symptoms will be excluded from school:
1. Temperature of greater than 100°F with or without symptoms.
2. Any vomiting due to illness.
3. Two or more episodes of diarrhea.
A student may return to school once:
1. Fever free for 24 hours without having been on medication
(Ex. Acetaminophen, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Motrin, etc.)
2. Free from vomiting for 24 hours.
3. Free from diarrhea for 24 hours.
If a student arrives at school with symptoms, or during the school day begins to show symptoms indicative of a condition listed above, a parent/guardian will be contacted and asked to pick the child up as soon as possible. If you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my office.
Dr. James Robinson
Manchester Local Schools