MHS Assistant Principal
Manchester LSD Director of Technology
Thank you for visiting the Technology Department.
As Director of Technology, I handle the following duties for
Manchester Local Schools:
- Act as coordinator and administrator between Neonet and MLS in the areas of the network, DASL, Progress Book, EMIS reporting, VOIP, email and all other related technology services. This includes scheduling, grade reports and student information.
- Instructional technology leadership: Assist staff with educational software and online curriculum; provide professional development; research proven, leading trends in educational technology and provide recommendations for investment in technology to better serve the students, administration, faculty and parents.
- Oversee technology inventory and hardware, make purchases, establish long term technology plans and goals; maintain fiscal responsibility with technology budgets.
- Troubleshoot computer problems, coordinate setup, maintenance and repairs.
- Work with the administration in the development and enforcement of technology policies.
- Assist application processes with eRate and other funding opportunities.
- Webmaster for district website.
Manchester Local Schools are proud to be a part of the NEOnet consortium. The Northeast Ohio Network for Educational Technology (NEOnet) was established in 1995 and is one of the twenty-two designated ITC’s in the OECN providing technology services for member and affiliated educational entities. NEOnet services eighty-five educational entities that include over 30 school districts, primarily in Cuyahoga, Lake, Medina, Portage, and Summit counties representing over 150,000 students.
Through this partnership, the Manchester district is able to save thousands of dollars each year on crucial services and resources, and provide the latest technology to enhance educational opportunities for students and staff.
I am a proud 1988 graduate of MHS and am entering my 26th year as an educator in the district. I previously taught grades 5-8 at MMS for 16 years, began as Director of Technology in 2009, and I have served as both the DOT and HS Assistant Principal since 2013.
I earned my degree in Elementary Education in 1993 and a Master's Degree in Instructional Technology in 2001 (both from the University of Akron); a K-12 Principal's License from Ashland in 2009, and my Superintendent's License from Kent State University in 2017.
I previously coached basketball and baseball at the high school levels, and enjoy playing a variety of musical instruments in my spare time. My wife Marci and I have two children and live in Canal Fulton.